Ticket #175 (closed defect: wontfix)
Problems working 'naturally' with remote files
|Reported by:||stin||Owned by:||alamaison|
|Priority:||critical (affects core workflow)||Milestone:||0.6.x Bug sprint|
|Keywords:||working, edit, notepad, text, saving, modifying, files||Cc:|
This may be linked to other read-only/access denied-type problems.
I am using Windows XP SP3, 2x HT Xeon, 3GB RAM.
- Installed Swish;
- Added a connection to my SFTP server;
- Opened connection after entering password;
- Navigated to a text file and double-clicked to edit it;
- The file opened up in my editor (Notepad++) and allowed me to edit it;
- I tried to save it but got an error from Notepad++: 'Please check if this file is open in another program' and then marked it as read-only;
- I then tried to open it in Notepad and got, simply, 'Access denied'.
Everything seemed to work fine up to this point, so thumbs up from me :)
Also like to bounce the extra options for logging-out, proper SFTP URIs, etc... Anyone mentioned mapping to drive letters?